I basically put the inside of a taco in a skillet… then dipped tortilla chips in it. YES. This was so delicious. The thing I like most about this dish is that you only need one pan – a skillet. Cook the meat in the skillet.. top with cheese, melt it in the oven and then top with whatever taco toppings you like! This doubles as a dip? Sure! Taco dip.. but not.
- 1 pound ground beef – I got 90% lean, grass fed beef
- 1 packet Simply Organic taco seasoning
- 4 campari tomatoes (my favorite tomatoes), diced
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1 & 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, sliced
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook thoroughly, mixing frequently.
- Add taco seasoning according to package and mix.
- Let simmer until sauce gets thick.
- Add cheese on top of ground beef and place in a 350 degree oven until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with fixings! Add red cabbage, tomato, sliced jalapeños, avocado, sour cream and lime.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!